A Look Back at My 2014 Running Races


By the time I reaches 3-0, healthy behaviors become my habit. As my work requires logging long hours in front of a PC or checking test papers, making lesson plans on my desk, I need to stay active and eat healthy while not depriving myself of all the fun.

Running is more than a good way to get in shape, have a nice healthy glow, have a good sweat but also it always give me a great sense of accomplishment! I've joined 6 running races this year and I find running like eating a bag of cheesy popcorns, where it's nearly impossible to stop after just one.

So as 2014 draws to a close, I cannot help but to look back at how my year of running has gone.

Here we go………..

First 5K Run? Pocari Sweat 5K Run. This was my first 5k run last May without any proper training nor workout. I'm not really into sports since childhood. So this run become a battle against my body and mind. Imagine how I endured a lot during the run. I have a lot of walk breaks than running =D. There are a lot of times when I stand on a trail with my hands on my hips, gasping for breath. My back was screaming at me, my foot went numb but I just ignored it and it went away. After less than 2 hours, I finished the race, hahaha! Yay, I did it! \o/

Best Race Experience? Nike Bajak Jakarta 10k Run. Though this race created the worst traffic ever in Jakarta, I consider this race as a special one. Running against the traffic is not an easy thing to do for me. I have that agyrophobia issues but not extreme :D It was a serious challenge for me and I'm happy to overcome it! (*^▽^*)

Longest Run? Nutrilite 8 Miles Run. Beating my old records of 5km run! xoxo

Best Run? Mercedes Benz 10K Run. My fastest 10K run to date (80:15)! The weather conditions are so ideal and I've had pretty much no muscle soreness at all. 10K run now become a two slices of pizza for me =D =D =D.

Best Fun Run? Music Run Jakarta. Running to the beat of different genre of music was really cool! Hitting every hand that was extended, fist pumping to every DJ and dance troupes along the course and lots of stopover for a photo fanatic like me. The course was AWESOME!

Best new piece of gear? Sports armband, a giveaway from the Music Fun Run. Not a branded one but of good quality. Keeping my phone close by in an easy and hands - free manner is the first thing I need to do every time I hit the road. Playing MP3 music and tracking my run becomes easy with my phone safely strapped on my arm making my runs more enjoyable.

Best piece of running advice you received? The most consistent advice I received about running was, "Start out Slow, Don't got out too Fast"! I normally swayed by the energy of the crowd at the start of the race to run fast but that was a common mistakes for a newbies like me. Warming up and hitting a pace you feel comfortable with is the key. It works for me and it makes me consistently finish every race strong :-))

Most Inspirational Runner? My running buddies! It was a great feeling knowing that I had friends out there having the same race. It keeps me motivated (^O^)

But the one who inspires me the most was my dear friend, Wuri. She took running pretty seriously. She consistently participating in races and joining various running clubs every weekend amidst our busy schedules at school. Whoaahh! Hands down to that. After I took up running, everything changed. And it all started after she signed me up for my first 5k run. A big thanks to you my friend. Muah!

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Fun and Rewarding ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Getaway with Mom at Manleluag Spring National Park

Singapore's Stunning Sculptures

Hotel Lisboa Stopover