Foggy Days in Ngong Ping

Today I was supposed to meet my travbuddy friend named Stephanie from USA and also to introduce her to my family. Unfortunately, due to inefficient communication signals, she received my email late. In short, we went on our separate ways. She spent the day in the Peak Tram and continued to Ngong Ping in the afternoon. While, we do the opposite of it :D We went to Ngong Ping first then Peak Tram at night. It went so funny but I know we'll meet some other times my friend.......

Due to the proximity of our hotel to ferry terminal, we took the ferry going to Central via Ferry 7 and transferred to Ferry 6 going to Mui Wo on Lantau Island instead of taking the MTR Express. We prefer thrilling and unusual rides....yay!

From the Mui Wo, we took the bus No. 2 bound to Ngong Ping. It was a zigzag road going up to the mountain where the Tian Tan Buddha Statue is. Quiet feel dizzy but it's a fun ride! A must try I think.

It's all foggy up there when we arrived on the place. We can't even see the face of Buddha and the scenery around.


It seemed cold here but not really that cold even it's foggy but it's better than the scorching sun's heat.

The staircases towards Tian Tan Buddha Statue

Luckily, me and my husband has managed to make it up there :) while my mother and my sister just waited for us downstairs.

After that, we had a walk around the Ngong Ping Village.

Village directory. It's impossible to get lost here since it's just a small area.

A sneak peek of what to see in Ngong Ping Village

Ngong Ping Village

Walking with Buddha theatre

The Wishing Tree



Shaolin and Kung Fu Stage Performances that was held the night when we went there. Bad timing I guess and also limited time of stay. How I wish I could witness a spectacular performance of this in the future.

On our way to Tung Chung, we took the Ngong Ping 360 Crystal Cable Car for a different experience though its quiet expensive compared to the standard cabin. It costs us 109 HKD (adult) for one single trip using the crystal cabin. It's not just a different experience riding on a crystal cabin but I could say a scariest one yet spectacular.

Here's the couple of pictures that we had.


The Ngong Ping Crystal Cabin and my Mom :)





And we've got our souvenir key chain while riding the crystal cable car.

Comments

  1. Dear readers,

    Thank you for dropping by and reading my blog. I'm so blessed and overwhelmed to see my blogs visited by different readers from different countries.
    Hope I'll see you again soon! =)

    xoxo,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Getaway with Mom at Manleluag Spring National Park

Singapore's Stunning Sculptures

Hotel Lisboa Stopover